UDL Toolkit for OTs to Support Remote Learning
In this 3 hour workshop, the presenter will review remote learning resources and demonstrate how to use Universal Design for Learning tools to support OT’s in designing virtual sessions for their clients. In this unprecedented time of virtual learning and communication due to COVID-19, it’s time to innovate and transform our OT practices and to make sure we are providing equitable learning experiences to our clients with disabilities. Get ready to learn how to engage your clients, address social emotional learning needs, offer accessible reading and writing activities and support families at home. You will come away with an enhanced virtual OT Toolkit!
COURSE PRESENTER: Rose Racicot, MS, OTR/L
Rose Racicot, MS, OTR/L is an OT and Assistive Technology Specialist in Bellevue School District and at Special Education Technology Center at CWU with 33 years of experience. She has conducted research and been published on “The Effect of Multimedia Software on Written Productivity”. She presents workshops on Universal Design for Learning, Assistive Technology, literacy support software, and iPad use in education at state and national conferences as well as guest lecturing at local OT and OTA schools. She is passionate about helping educators implement Universal Design for Learning principles to create inclusive classrooms for all students to succeed.
Click on the ENROLL NOW button in the top right corner (laptop), or bottom of the page (mobile device). Once you click on that button it will update to START NOW. Click on that button to begin the course.
- Access to Webinar Begins: Monday, June 22 @ 12:00 PM
- Access to Webinar Ends: Sunday, July 19 @ 11:45 PM (extended)
- Instructional Level: Intermediate
- Continuing Education: 3.0 contact hours
- Certificate of Completion: Certificates will be available under your membership account within 2-3 weeks after the webinar ends. Please note that a completed survey is required to receive your certificate.
- Frequently Asked Questions: If you have any difficulties while accessing the webinar, please review the FAQ provided on the WOTA Virtual FAQ. If the answer to your question cannot be found there, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presenter Q&A: If you have questions for the presenters, members can ask them in our WOTA Virtual Forum