Introduction to Teletherapy in Pediatrics
During this Introductory Course to Pediatric Teletherapy, you’ll learn the basic requirements needed to set up successful online therapy sessions, from reviewing federal, state and compliance laws to knowing what type of equipment and materials are needed to conduct successful telehealth sessions with your clients or students.
You’ll learn how to best fulfill your role as an online OT while meeting the therapy needs of your clients and their families. Enjoy some words of wisdom from other OT practitioners who have experienced amazing success using teletherapy as a modality through shared video examples and interviews. For those who wish to learn more and dive deeper into the world of online occupational therapy, additional online resources will be provided to guide you as you embark on your OT journey online.
Jessica McMurdie OTR/L
Jessica is a seasoned pediatric OT with two decades of experience working with children and their families in hospital, school, birth to three and outpatient settings. She holds dual degrees in Spanish and Occupational Therapy from the University of WA and specialty certification in Sensory Integration from the University of Southern California. She is the owner and clinical director of Stepping Stones Therapy Network, a successful pediatric OT practice in the Seattle area. Jessica is a nationally, award-winning small business owner recognized as an Emerging Leader by the American Occupational Therapy Association and the U.S. Small Business Administration. She is a contributing author to the best-selling book, “The OT Manager”(2019, 5th Edition) as well as founder of the popular, online pediatric OT with, Play It Forward Therapy www.playitforwardtherapy.com
Genie Charvet OTR/L
Genie Charvet has 32 years of experience in adult and pediatric settings. She has worked the last 12 years in the Kent School District. She has presented at the American Occupational Therapy Association Conference, Washington Occupational Therapy Association Conferences, the Occupational Therapy Association of California Conference, the Washington Speech Language Hearing Association Convention, the Assistive Technology Industry Association Conference and the Washington Homeschool Convetion, on a variety of topics including homeschooling, re-entry to the profession of OT, changing practice areas, and use of assistive technology. She received her BS in OT from University of Puget Sounds (1980), MS in OT from San Jose State University (2008) and OTD from Loma Linda University (2014). She is currently Past-President of the Washington Occupational Therapy Association.
- Access to Webinar Begins: Saturday, May 23 @ 12:00 PM
- Access to Webinar Ends: Friday, June 5 @ 11:45 PM
- Instructional Level: Beginner
- Continuing Education: 1.5 contact hours
- Certificate of Completion: Certificates will be available under your membership account within 2-3 weeks after the webinar ends. Please note that a completed survey is required to receive your certificate.
- Frequently Asked Questions: If you have any difficulties while accessing the webinar, please review the FAQ provided on the WOTA Virtual FAQ. If the answer to your question cannot be found there, please contact us at email@example.com
- Presenter Q&A: If you have questions for the presenters, members can ask them in our Pediatrics COP Forum